About the Club
The VASA SKI CLUB (VSC) has been around for over 30 years as the “Traverse Nordic Ski Club”. The VASA SKI CLUB reflects the premier Vasa ski trail we all love located just minutes from Traverse City. The club continues our partnership with the North American Vasa ski race to promote ski racing, recreational skiing and junior skier development.
Name: Vasa Ski Club
Mission Statement: To promote and encourage cross country skiing in the Grand Traverse region through recreation and competition.
- Build club membership
- Generate enthusiasm for cross country skiing and racing
- Regain prominence in the Michigan Cup Ski Racing Series
- Conduct Learn-to-ski activities
- Organize group skiing and instruction for kids and adults alike
Your VSC Board:
- Eric Jean - President
- Paul Crowley - Vice President
- Anders Gillis Secretary
- Bud Huber – Treasurer
- Gary Faria
- Randy Smith
- Curt Peterson
- Gussie Peterson
- John Kostrzewa
- Mike Tarnow
- Ruth Oppliger
- Brett Hood
VSC Board Meetings
- Meetings are generally held once per month (first Wed of the month) through out the year. Input from members is encouraged.